This first week has been a bit mixed. I’ve definitely learnt that I don’t work out as hard when I don’t had a trainer with their eye on me! The start of Shred has also coincided with JHogg being injured, leaving me doing all the housework and child care. He is feeling much better now so hopefully I’ll have less excuses next week!
- Day 1 – I had naively thought that since I had been doing other exercise for the last few months that I wouldn’t find shred as hard as I did the first time around. I was wrong! I’d forgotten quite how tough it was – instant regret for starting this whole thing!
- Day 2 – No better than day 1 really. The push-ups are what really get it, so it doesn’t help that they are what you start with!
- Day 3 – I skipped it as I had Mummy FITT on in the morning when I would usually do Shred. I figure there’s only so much exercise I can do.
- Day 4 – The cardio and ab exercises don’t particularly bother me, but I was finding the strength work outs pretty hard even with just 1kg weights. I was sore from Mummy FITT already which didn’t help. In my infinite wisdom I then went to kettlebells that night which was really tough! The instructor has challenged me to try and learn how to do a 1 legged squat so that should be amusing!
- Day 5 – I had to take a day off. Shred on top of my other workouts was just too much and I needed to let my muscles recover! I still did well over 10,000 steps though so I feel it shouldn’t set me back particularly.
- Day 6 – JHogg was sitting on the sofa laughing at me as I did it in the morning. That was horrifically unhelpful and he has been banished form all future work outs!
- Day 7 – Another day off. I’m definitely getting lazy! It wasn’t intentional but it is Sunday and we just had a lot on. Piglet refused to nap so we ended up taking a walk instead. Over 14,500 steps so again, I feel like I still was active enough!
I’ve opted to not compare my weight or size directly from start to finish. Instead I will gauge progress on how I feel and the fit of my clothes…… or I’ll try to anyway!
Please note this post may include some affiliate links. This has no effect on you - to find out more please check out the disclosure