It is nearly 8 weeks since I started OddHogg. I’m actually quite amazed by how far its come already! I thought it might be best to set some blogging goals for the rest of the year. I hope that will keep me motivated!
- Post 4 times per week – I am aiming to post every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Post 1 evergreen post per week – In order to maintain a readership I need to put in some time working on evergreen posts.
- Meet Other Mums blog – I have just become a regular blogger on www.meetothermums.com so I want to make sure I brainstorm good content that is relevant to the site.
- Guest Posts – I have already done some guest posts and I’d like to find opportunities to do some more. I’d also like to offer some space for guest posts on OddHogg where appropriate.
- 3000 Twitter followers – This is quite an optimistic goal as it is almost doubling my existing followers. However twitter is by far my fastest growing area of social media so I might as well aim high!
- 750 Instagram followers – I think this one should be achievable as long as I stay consistent. I have over 400 followers on instagram at the moment and I am getting a good number of new followers each day.
- 150 Facebook followers – I don’t spend much time on my facebook and so for now I will continue my focus on Twitter and Instagram and work on my facebook whenever I have spare time.
- Get to grips with Pinterest – I know this one is not really measurable, but Pinterest is an platform I don’t really understand and I can’t expect it to grow until I know what I’m doing!
- Newsletter – I want to set up an e-mail newsletter, once I eventually work out how!
- Better Photography – I have pretty much no understanding of a camera, other than point and click. I want to be taking better, more consistent photos and editing them.
- Regular Linkys – I am currently dipping in and out of a few linkys. I want to find out which ones are the best fit for me and dedicate my time to them.
- Blog/Life Balance – I need to organise my time better and work out the best time to do my blogging activities.
Hopefully come the end of 2016 I’ll be able to come back and tell you I have achieved most, it not all, of these!
If you have any tips, or suggestions for other blogging goals I should be aiming for, please leave them below.
Please note this post may include some affiliate links. This has no effect on you - to find out more please check out the disclosure