For so many people finding something that their kids will eat can be a struggle. In our household Piglet eats just about anything – it’s his father that is a problem! Making a meal that all 3 of us can sit and eat together can be a nightmare. JHogg won’t eat veggies or fish, and Piglet likes strong flavours, veggies and finger foods so he can feed himself.
So far I’ve found one meal though. Just the one…. but it’s a start! I remember eating tortilla pizzas as a kid, and I can’t believe it took me so long to introduce them to JHogg. They are now a staple meal option for us, and Piglet enjoys getting his hands on them too!
Piglet is still a little young to get involved in the cooking, but tortilla pizzas are a great one for getting kids into the kitchen and making food fun.
- Tortilla – I use the mini ones for Piglet and bigger ones for us.
- Tomato Puree
- Cheese – Mozerella or chedder work well
- Any other toppings you like! We often go for chopped pepper, chorizo slices and sweetcorn
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan assisted)
- Spread some tomato puree on to the tortilla. Take it quite close to the edge, but leave enough for a crust.
- Sprinkle on the cheese, then start adding toppings!
- Pop it into the oven for around 6-8 minutes. The edges should go brown and crunchy. Serve!
If you are looking for more meal inspiration for kids then check out some of these options too!
Please note this post may include some affiliate links. This has no effect on you - to find out more please check out the disclosure